Re: double slurs within beamed notes

From: Bernhard Ott
Subject: Re: double slurs within beamed notes
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:51:17 +0100

On 02/27/2010 06:20 AM, musicologyman wrote:
I've been struggling to replicate the placement of slurs and ties in the
following original:

Problem is, I can't get the slurs and ties to appear _within_ the beamed
note. They always appear above the beam if the stem is up and below if
the stem is down:

I've tried all sorts of things: hidden notes shifted as appropriate in
order to position the slurs and ties in the desired location, hidden
notes within a context that has the Collision_engraver removed, and so
on. I've even considered manually (and tediously!) setting the control
points for each slur. But there must be a better way!

Here is my LilyPond code. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!

Try using the tilde symbol for notes of same pitch - you definitely want ties there ;-)

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Writing-rhythms#Ties

HTH, Bernhard

P.S.: this is my second attempt - carboncopying to the list wasn't successful...