Re: Lilypond-book and xelatex [was: Re: Lilypond-book not working after

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book and xelatex [was: Re: Lilypond-book not working after installing Python 3]
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:29:24 +0000

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 01:21:21PM +0100, Joseph Wakeling wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
> >> It would also be a great opportunity to include an option for
> >> alternative TeX-compilers, e.g. xelatex, not just pdflatex.
> >
> > Patches appreciated.
>
> Do you have a rough estimate of the challenges involved here?

If you know python, or don't count time learning it towards the
estaimte, then 5 hours for basic usability.  Maybe 15 for using
advanced xelatex stuff?

Note that I don't know what the difference is between xelatex and
pdflatex; I'm just going on the fact that they both act on text
and graphics files, and lilypond-book produces text and graphics
files.

Cheers,
- Graham