Re: Tuplets with different note lenghts in bagpipe music

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Tuplets with different note lenghts in bagpipe music
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:27:09 +0100

Erden Oguz schrieb:
Am 12.03.2010 um 20:36 schrieb Marc Hohl:

Erden Oguz schrieb:
Hello,

due to the real rhythmic expression of tuplets as played in Strathspeys in
bagpipe music, I am trying to write down tuplets with different note lengths:

\times 2/3 { f16 [e16 c4] }

Hello Marc,

thank you for your reply. In fact, I described my problem in the wrong way. I'd
like to have the Midi Output playing the above stated example, but the music
score should be written in three even notes as a tuplet. My goal is to have the
tuplets written evenly in the music sheet, but played more rhythmically as in
the example above in Midi output.
Ah, I see. I had a similar problem (not with bagpipe music, but from the rhythmic point of view), and as far
as I can see, there are two possibilities:

either you provide a separate input file for midi output only and change the tuplets accordingly, or you edit the midi file with a separate midi editor (rosegarden, for example) - this is what I did.

HTH,

Marc