Re: REHEARSAL MARK BUG?

From: Brett McCoy
Subject: Re: REHEARSAL MARK BUG?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:55:24 -0400

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Seng Hin Yew <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm using the rehearsal format
>
> \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-letters
>
> So the marks appeared as A, B, C, D... in square boxes. When the alphabet
> reached H (\mark #8), it jumped to J instead of I.
> Attached the pdf as proof.
> How to solve this so that the 'I' mark appeared.
> Thanks

Not a bug at all, it's tradition in the music engraving industry to
skip I (read the Lilypond documentation on rehearsal marks, it
explains this)

To use the entire alphabet, you can use

\set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-alphabet

-- Brett
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
    If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
               -- Jelaleddin Rumi