Re: Sudden "cannot allocate memory" error

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Sudden "cannot allocate memory" error
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:25:16 +0000

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 7:19 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have had no problems whatsoever up until today.  Lilypond-book compiles
> the first madrigal fine, but when it goes to do a second (order doesn't
> seem to matter), I get the above error.

You could try altering the LILYPOND_GC_YIELD environment variable
(discussed in the AU or Usage manual; see "command-line usage").

Also, start commenting things out until you have the smallest possible
file that demonstrates this problem.  If you start doing this, you'll
probably discovered that you have something weird like
  \repeat 22 {blah blah}
instead of
  \repeat 2 {blah blah}

UItimately, computers are not magic; if it used to work, then look at
all the changes you made between versions.  You *do* store your thesis
in svn or git or something like that, right?  :)
(failing that, look at the last time you made backups... or just start
commenting stuff out)

Cheers,
- Graham