all must do a new clone - new git repository with fixed history

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: all must do a new clone - new git repository with fixed history
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:21:27 +0100

Hi,

The git repository at savannah has been updated, everyone
should do a fresh clone.

If you haven't already done so, make some aliases

    git config --global url.git+ssh://git.savannah.gnu.org/srv/git/.insteadof
gnu:
    git config --global url.git://git.savannah.gnu.org/.insteadof gnu-anon:

and then

    mv lilypond lilypond-old # move your old repo away
    git clone gnu:lilypond

or if you're read only

    git clone gnu-anon:lilypond

Translation for the git-impaired

- if I have no non-pushed commits, do I need to do anything?

    yes, do a fresh clone

- does anything need to happen to branches like dev/waf ?  (again,
  assuming that we have pushed everything)

    yes, but we did that for you

- if we tell new contributors to remove their lilypond-git dirs
  before the changeover, then tell them to run lily-git after the
  changeover, will it work?

    yes.  contributors, remove you lilypond-git dirs

If you have non-pushed commits, or non-pushed/published
branches, you should rebase them yourself.

Greetings,
Jan.

Avatar®: http://AvatarAcademy.nl    | http://lilypond.org