Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:29:10 -0300

Thanks,

But

You need to add as many hidden voices as the
number of notes in the chord less 1.

A piece full of chord glissandi will be unpractical.

See <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/50063>

> 2. The scordatura have quarter-tones alterations. Currently the TAB staff
> notation doesn't accept to put the quarter-tone. That's all right if I
> translate this, but I can get confusing after a while. It would be better if
> Lilypond could understand and translate it, so I could put the right note
> (with the correct quarter-tone alteration) and the right string and Lilypond
> would know the tablature notation. I know it works now, but I have to
> compensate the quarter-tones and it's confusing.

Have you tried using a StringTuning with non-integer pitches?  I don't know
if it will work on not,  but it's at least worth a try.

HTH,

Carl