Re: wrong printing of lyrics slur?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: wrong printing of lyrics slur?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:30:37 +0200

2010/4/26 Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>
> You could also use my trick:

> theWords = \lyricmode {
> viel -- \markup { \combine "le, au" \translate #'(2.4 . -0.5) \fontsize #-3
> "‿" } soir __
> }

> I think this works better than the built-in Lilypond lyric slur -- and it's
> certainly more easily tweakable.  =)
>
> Hope this helps!
> Kieren.

Your trick is certainly tweakable. But besides that, the situation is
exactly the same:
1.- it looks wrong in LilyPond Tool
2.- it looks okay in evince
3.- it prints even worse both from evince and via lpr.

You'll agree in that a solution should not depend on a given media.

How could I debug this or know what is happening?
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com