Re: Using pianostaff with custom created percussion staffs

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Using pianostaff with custom created percussion staffs
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:59:56 +0200

2010/4/30 <address@hidden>:

> Hello (Kieren ?)
>
> I could create custom Staff's now, thanks to the help of Kieren.
> And use separated Voices within it.
>
> Now there are two different percusion instruments (African DunDun
> and SangBang) which should be played with one person. A PianoStaff
> would be ideal for this.
>
> I could use the PianoStaff succesfull when I defined the Staff and
> the Voice together. But I wanted to separated them for more structure.
>
> Could someone say what I did wrong?

Hi,

I think you simply forgot the << >> to put around the 2 Staffs of
PianoStaff :

  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new TwoLineStaff \new Voice \DunDunVoice
    \new TwoLineStaff \new Voice \SangBangVoice

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\score {
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \tempo 4=100
    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new TwoLineStaff \new Voice \DunDunVoice
      \new TwoLineStaff \new Voice \SangBangVoice

    \new DjembeStaff \new Voice \DjembeIVoice
    \new DjembeStaff \new Voice \DjembeIIVoice
    \new DjembeStaff \new Voice \DjembeIIIVoice

 \layout {}
  % \midi {}

Xavier

--