Jazz chord analysis and accompaniment software

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Jazz chord analysis and accompaniment software
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 10:33:26 -0700

Hey, all you jazz-oriented Lilyponders -

I got on the Impro-Visor (http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~keller/jazz/improvisor)
mailing list (even though I don't play jazz I like listening to it and
thought this was cool software) and I saw this other jazz-related software
mentioned by someone.

http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi/Jazz.html

quote:
"T2G is a computer program that performs harmonic analysis on jazz chord
charts. It also generates rhythm section accompaniments with a walking
bass line, and piano and drums comping."

I haven't played with it yet, but it looks good (there is a screenshot of
a jazz chord chart on which his software has done Roman numeral style
chord analysis.)

Check it out.

Tim Reeves