Re: Editing lilypond files with Geany

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Editing lilypond files with Geany
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 23:23:54 +0200

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 22:05 +0200, Tanguy Léost wrote:
> Ok, that's cool.
> I didn't know frescobaldi, i may give it a try some day.

Valentin wrote an extensive review of Frescobaldi some months ago:
http://news.lilynet.net/The-LilyPond-Report-17

I think it's the LilyPond editor which has the better "look and feel",
IMO.
Unfortunately, it depends on some KDE packages...
But it's usually my favorite editor (except for my netbook, where I want
to run lightweight programs).

> If you want to imprive the highlighting, i guess you have to enter
> most of the lilypond keywords, and there are lots of them  ;-)
> I just took a score and entered the ones I use most in my
> configuration
> file.

Yes, I'm already doing this.
I'd like to see if I can get closer to the Frescobaldi highlighting.

I wonder how many levels are available in [keywords]. I mean, I can see
'primary' and 'secondary'. Can I add some more if I want to?
How many groups of keywords may I need for the LilyPond synthax?
And how can I style each level? (for example, I've tried to place a
keyword in 'secondary' but it gets no style)

These are just questions for myself...what I'd like to investigate.
Anyway if you have advices please let me know.

> I can't get the color for comments to work, did you manage to do this
> with geany ?

No.
If I use the keyboard shortcut in a .ly file, Geany correctly uses %.
So I guess there's some problem with the style...