Re: lilypond GUI editors

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: lilypond GUI editors
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:14:42 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
James Lowe <address@hidden> writes:

David Santamauro wrote:

On Jun 3, 2010, at 5:38, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:

Op donderdag 03-06-2010 om 11:02 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Martin
Tarenskeen:

Why is life so complicated ...
Would life be fun if everything always worked?

No, but it would surely be more productive.
I'd be out of a job.

And you would not need one.

Then what would I do instead? A different job. Big deal.

Why is everybody so keen on being able to
do something he would rather not do out of his own volition?

You're assuming that I am not doing this job out of my own volition.

I enjoy solving life's problems and if I can help someone solve their problems too then not only am I doing something I like, but helping a third party so that he or she is now happy. So I win twice.

The whole point of machines is to not have to work.  It's time our
structures cope with that.

The whole point of 'machines' is NOT to not have to work. The whole point of machines is to make certain tasks easier to do or to do away with having to worry about things that can be automated, which itself causes life-complications - the word 'Luddites' springs to mind here.

We're problem solvers by nature, we thrive on Life's complications even if we think we don't.

James