Re: orchestrallily: Can't get it to work

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: orchestrallily: Can't get it to work
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:07:05 +0200

Am Sonntag, 20. Juni 2010, um 11:46:44 schrieb MonAmiPierrot:
> Thanks Reinhold.
> I didn't nothing more than download the .ly in your website and put it in a
> folder.

Ah, okay, that is really a version from 2 years ago...
Meanwhile I have structured that one large file into several smaller include
files, plus some infrastructure to create all necessary files for a proper
edition.

> But reading your and Alex's comments, I'm realizing I'm very far from
> getting OL to work. I use Windows XP and I think I can get to work LP 2.13.
> But my coding/command line skills are almost equals to zero, even Alex last
> comment seems esoteric for me.

Yes, sorry. I hope to have more time during the summer and do a proper release
(in particular, write a proper tutorial on how to use OL properly)...

> So, please be patient if some of these days I'll come with silly questions!
> One thing: from what I can read in the docs, OL stays to LP as LaTeX stays
> to TeX.

I would not got that far. But it simplifies writing large orchestral scores,
where you would otherwise duplicate a lot of code (the \score, \new
Staff[Group] etc)...

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886