Re: fyi - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: fyi - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:42:34 +0100

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> PS: do we have/want a special place in the new website for
>    original/new compositions made with/in LilyPond?

What, like:
  http://lilypond.org/website/productions.html
?  it's in the maoing introduction.

> PPS: wouldn't it be nice if we had so many great composers
>     in our userbase that we could stage a composition
>     contest with a major release?

err... offering up money?  We can't exactly promise everlasting fame.

OpenBSD has a "release song".  I suppose we could have a "release
piece", but who would do the judging, how many people would actually
submit anything, is it worth telling all but one of those submissions
that they lost the contest, etc?

Cheers,
- Graham