Re: new website 24-hour test

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: new website 24-hour test
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 00:38:38 +0200

Il giorno mer, 30/06/2010 alle 07.49 +1000, Nick Payne ha scritto:
> I like the appearance.
>
> Search always seems to search only the stable version documentation
> even when it is the unstable version documentation being browsed - eg
> using the seach box at bottom left underneath the contents on page
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/index.html or
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/learning/index.html
> returns hits from the 2.12 documentation.

I think that it's made on purpose... but I'd be curious to know why.
I guess it's because you can get more results if you use v. 2.12 (maybe
because it gets more hits and has an higher ranking).

Also, when you search 2.13, you should add /doc (otherwise you get pages
in /test).
For example, compare these two results:

site:lilypond.org +v2.13 tablature
site:lilypond.org/doc +v2.13 tablature

The second one is better.

If the URLs structure is stable, we can even use:
site:lilypond.org/doc/v2.13

Or there is some drawback?

Cheers,
Federico