Re: In parts but not in the score

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: In parts but not in the score
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:02:03 +0200

Am Sonntag, 25. Juli 2010, um 15:52:42 schrieb Xavier Scheuer:
> 2010/7/25 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:
> > Unfortunately, StaffGroup, ChoirStaff, etc. don't work with that
> > method, you have to add the engravers manually to the top-most staff
> > of that group.  This again, will probably break with hara-kiri staves
> > that are not drawn when they contain only rests...
>
> Are you sure of that?

Yes, see the attached sample file. I have tried adding the engravers globally
to StaffGroup and PianoStaff in a \layout block, as well as manually to a
ChoirStaff using an explicit \with. Neither of them works, the marks are
always placed at the very top of the score...
The only way to get it to work was to explicitly assign it to a staff...

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886