Re: Lilypond to typeset solfa style Indian music

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Lilypond to typeset solfa style Indian music
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:06:24 +0100

On 28/07/10 18:21, Mike Solomon wrote:
I’d recommend entering your lyrics like normal and using notes or spaces in the staff.  Then, do massive amounts of transparency overrides and/or context removes.  The internals reference should give you a lead on what to turn off.  Also, check out:

staff-container.ly
staff-size.ly

Lastly, you’d want to raise the lyrics, which can be done w/ extra-offset (and probably other things).

~Mike
That sounds to me like a lot of work - per piece of music!

If you're going to do that (and I don't know carnatic so I don't know whether this could work) couldn't you create a "carnatic.ly" and a carnatic "font" so you can enter your notes as normal. Then just suppress the staff so the "notes" print as notes, with the lyrics attached.

Cheers,
Wol