Placing artilulations (staccato, accent...): Up, Down, Neutral, etc.

From: fauban
Subject: Placing artilulations (staccato, accent...): Up, Down, Neutral, etc.
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 01:36:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Lilypond community!

I am typesetting a piano score, and when I put a staccato dot to an eigth
note, this is placed on the opposite side of the stem.

Can I put it on the same side of the stem?

I mean, is there any instruction like
"staccatoUp--staccatoDown--staccatoNeuter" or something similar?
I would like it to affect all the articulations (trills, accents, etc.).

Many Thanks!!