music notation for soprano ukulele

From: Steve Yegge
Subject: music notation for soprano ukulele
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 00:55:16 -0700

Hello Lilypond gurus,

I've been getting a bunch of requests for a tab or chord-diagram
transcription of a ukulele piece I posted on YouTube.  Is there any
hope?  The tuning is awful -- er, I mean, traditional, with the strings
not increasing in pitch monotonically.  IIRC it's GCEA, with the "low"
G being raised an octave.

Is there a set of hacks or best-practices lying around that I can use
to whip something together for now?  My understanding from the
docs is that chord diagrams just won't work.  I haven't played with a
Tab Staff yet, but if there is no technical reason that it wouldn't work,
then I can certainly figure it out and tackle it that way.

Thanks for any advice here.

Steve Yegge