Re: Beamed grace notes across another pair of beamed notes

From: Jebus
Subject: Re: Beamed grace notes across another pair of beamed notes
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:21:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for your answers,

My first inclination was to try it as two voices and shrink the size of the
second voice down, when I did this, all the small notes were to the left of
the large ones.  Now call me anal, but I really wanted to move them over to
the right, so I tried to shift them over using force-hshift.  My code was as
follows:

<<
   {
     aes8 aes4 f8 d4
     bes8. bes16
   } \\
  {
    \override NoteHead #'font-size = #-3
    \override Beam #'thickness = #0
    \once \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #1
    aes'4.
    s4 s8
    \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #3.0
    d,8.[ f16]
  }

Doing this caused a strange behavior though, the dot of the bes8. in voice
one would move with the notes in voice 2 making the d,8. look "double
dotted" (demonstrating my grasp of musical nomenclature).

Would this be a bug, or am I missing something in shifting the dot along
with rest of the note that it's supposed to be attached to?

J.