Too difficult to find how-to-create-a-snippet docs

From: aliteralmind
Subject: Too difficult to find how-to-create-a-snippet docs
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:55:50 +0000 (UTC)

I am interested in making my first snippet for my own
personal html documentation. Maybe
eventually the LSR. It took me a half-hour of deliberate
searching, in the documentation, including
the LSR, and in this forum, to finally come across the
liliypond-book section in the Program Usage
document.

I believe it should be easier to find for a relative
newcomer such as myself.

Please consider adding at least the words "snippet" and
"image" to the appropriate documentation
indexes, and especially add a "So how do I create a
snippet?" link on the home page of the
snippet repository (and in the HTML/pdf versions of the
repository). It should lead you to a small
document that answers the most basic questions
(perhaps a snippet-making FAQ?), and refer you
to the appropriate locations in the documentation.

Thank you. I am learning so much! I was hopelessly lost
(about lilypond in general) until I finally
took the time to read the first hundred pages of the
learning manual. There should be enormous
text on the top of every page in the forum: IF YOU HAVE
NOT READ THE LILYPOND LEARNING
MANUAL, GO AWAY.

(Please let me know if there is a more formal way of
submitting this documentation request.
Thanks again.)