Re: Header separation from markup or music

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Header separation from markup or music
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:26:45 +0200

2010/10/6 Jiri Zurek (Prague) <address@hidden>

Federico Bruni-5 wrote:

> Which version of LilyPond are you using?

I am using the version 2.13.* (currently the 2.13.18)

Federico Bruni-5 wrote:

> Which settings have you used in \paper?

This is my paper settings.
\paper {
   top-margin = 10\mm
   bottom-margin = 14\mm
   line-width = 14.6\cm
   head-separation = 50\mm
   foot-separation = 5\mm
   before-title-spacing = #'((padding . 7))
   after-title-spacing = #'((space . .5) (padding . .5) (minimum-distance .
.5))
   bottom-system-spacing = #'((space . .1) (padding . .1) (minimum-distance
. .1))
   top-title-spacing = #'((space . .6) (padding . .6) (minimum-distance .
.6))
   between-system-spacing = #'((space . 11) (padding . 1.2)
(minimum-distance . 9.9))
   ragged-bottom=##t
   ragged-last-bottom=##t

}

However, the head-separation is completely ignored by Lilypond. The other
settings are fine tuned for the pieces of music which it contains, it is
just the header of the page which is too near to anything that follows on
the page.

I think that in 2.13 there is no more head-separation (if you read the 2.13 doc you can't find it).

after-title-spacing should be the property you are looking for, right?
Try to adjust the values and see if you get what you want.

Federico Bruni-5 wrote:

> Look at Notation Reference 4.1.2

I certainly did (as always) even before I wrote this message. However, I
could not find anything useful which would solve the problem of the header
separation. The setting head-separation is there listed, but without
extensive explanation.

Maybe you looked at 2.12 doc.
2.13 doc is in the Development page.