Re: Lyric with tie over repeat seems to be messing things up

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Lyric with tie over repeat seems to be messing things up
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 23:30:43 +0100

Tim

Have a look at Repeats with alternative endings in

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics#lyrics-and-repeats

This is for 2.13 but I believe it may apply to 2.12
as well.  Towards the end of that section it discusses
exactly your problem, I believe.  It may help you to
figure it out.

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Rowe" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 10:34 PM

I've tried to reduce this as much as I can, but if I change almost
anything the effect goes away.

My problem is, in the score below the tied note on the lyric "x" seems
to be forcing a spurious repeat bar. If I comment out the lyrics
everything is fine. If I \skip to the end of the bar "x" ties into
*and* get rid of the tie at the end of that bar then everything is
fine, but when I put that tie back in I get *two* spurious bars.

What am I doing wrong here, and how do I fix it?

Thanks. Markup follows.

\version "2.12.3"

soprano = \relative c'
{