Re: how to change indent in only one (non-first) system?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: how to change indent in only one (non-first) system?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:28:18 +0200

Strange, i thought i've sent a reply, but i don't see it now - looks like it was lost in the traffic...

2010/10/15 James Bailey <address@hidden>
On Oct 15, 2010, at 12:09 AM, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> In the following example, how can i make an indent in the third system (the one in which both staffs appear) so that the staff name "Contralto" fits on the page, while leaving indentation in other systems intact?

I would do it as two separate \score blocks

Thanks.
However, it's kind of a hack in my opinion (you have to manually reset bar numbers, rehearsal marks, split parts unnaturally etc... I'm also afraid that there would be problems if there were any slurs or similar objects spanning these areas.).
Does anyone know some more elegant solution?

cheers,
Jan