Re: how to position \tempo in a non-top staff

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: how to position \tempo in a non-top staff
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 07:43:28 +0200 (CEST)

>>> Regardless of the location of \tempo, the tempo indication is put on
>>> top of the system.
>>
>> That's because \tempo is a score-wide thing; moving the engraver only
>> changes the output, not the general music definition.
>
> The patch I posted for issue 1205 also fixed this problem.

Aah.

> Comments are welcome. :)

Oh, your patch set hasn't apparently received any comments...  For me,
it looks fine, since the syntax stuff in parser.yy gets simplified,
which is always a good thing.  On the other hand, I'm not qualified
enough to comment on the code itself.

BTW, sometimes I would like to replace

  <quarter> = 120

with

  <quarter> $(Q"n(B 120

(this is U+2248, ALMOST EQUAL TO, two wavy lines) or

  <quarter> = approx. 120

It would be nice if this is possible by setting a property to modify
the stuff between the note and the tempo.  Is this possible already?
Otherwise, could you add this?

    Werner