Re: What happen to MUP2LY.py

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: What happen to MUP2LY.py
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:27:01 +0100

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:34 PM, MING TSANG <address@hidden> wrote:
> Mup2ly.py is available on LP v2.6.5.  It was droped.  If I obtain a copy of
> mup2ly.py on LP v2.6.5, can I use it on LP v2.13.37?  Can someone show me
> how to get mup2ly.ly and show me how to use it?  I have dozens of .mup files
> I wish I can convert them into .ly files.

There's a good chance that you can use the old mup2ly script on your
files, which will give you .ly files with an old syntax; then you can
use convert-ly to update all or your .ly files to a more recent
LilyPond syntax. (It should work pretty well if your files are simple
enough; otherwise, for complex music a few manual tweaks will probably
be needed.)

Good luck!

V. Villenave.