Re: three voices and rest

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: three voices and rest
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:41:28 +0100

2010/11/12 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:

> The problem is that the rest of voiceFour is printed under the second
> voice and not between first and second, as I would like it to be.
> Is it a normal behaviour?
> I'm doing something wrong?

I went to the source and found this in scm/music-functions.scm (it
defines the meaning of \voiceFour etc)

(define-safe-public (make-voice-props-set n)
  (make-sequential-music
   (append
    (map (lambda (x) (make-grob-property-set x 'direction
                                             (if (odd? n) -1 1)))
         direction-polyphonic-grobs)

etc , where direction-polyphonic-grobs is a list that includes Rest.

So, I wrote \once \override Stem #'direction = #CENTER before your
rest. For notes, it fails as direction has to be UP or DOWN, hence the
\once.  That somewhat worked, but the position is not ideal.  Also, I
don't know how to set this for all rests only, thus preventing the
need of writing this before every rest.

As usual, I go to the source but hit my head to a wall soon.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com