Re: layout questions

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: layout questions
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:57:12 +0000

On 11/15/2010 6:32 PM, Mike Solomon wrote:
David,
     Do the rehearsal marks get pushed up for every setting of
self-alignment-X?  If you can find an alignment that obviates the problem,
that seems like it might work.

Don't know about self-alignment-X. At least I didn't try anything with "self-alignment-X".
     Alternatively, the \textLengthOn command defined as:

textLengthOn = {
   \override TextScript #'extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 0)
   \override TextScript #'extra-spacing-height = #'(-inf.0 . +inf.0)
}

with \textLengthOff as:

textLengthOff = {
   \override TextScript #'extra-spacing-width = #'(+inf.0 . -inf.0)
   \override TextScript #'extra-spacing-height = #'(0 . 0)
}

Perhaps playing with these two properties individually would do the trick?

Yeah, I plugged in some values and got pretty much what I was after, in combination with outside-staff-priority for rehearsal marks set to 1.

Thanks!

-David
Cheers,
Mike