Fwd: tablature and svg

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Fwd: tablature and svg
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:19:33 +0100

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

Von: Patrick Schmidt <address@hidden>
Datum: 16. November 2010 14:24:21 MEZ
An: Gerard McConnell <address@hidden>
Betreff: Re: tablature and svg

Hi Gerard,

Am 16.11.2010 um 11:18 schrieb Gerard McConnell:

Hello,
I find that when I open a LilyPond produced guitar tablature saved as SVG in Inkscape the fret numbers are covered with solid
retangles.  I then have to go through the score removing each rectangle in order to reveal the number underneath.
At first I thought you are using version 2.12.* but I get the same problem with 2.13.*
Is there a search & replace edit I can do to the SVG file which will remove all the rectangles in one pass?
?
This seems to be a bug in Inkscape. I don't get any rectangles when a open an SVG-file in my browser (Safari).
Also, is it possible to remove all rhythmic indications from the tablature (stems, tails, dots, etc.)?
In 2.13.* all rhythmic indications are left out by default. You have to include them with \tabFullNotation.
Finally, is it possible to include lyrics underneath the tablature?
Yes, try something like this:

\score  {
  <<
    \new TabStaff = "Tablature"  <<
      \new TabVoice = "TabGuitarVoiceOne"  {
          %\tabFullNotation
          \voiceOne
          \guitarVoiceOne
     }
     \new TabVoice = "TabGuitarVoiceTwo"  {
          %\tabFullNotation
          \voiceTwo
          \guitarVoiceTwo
     }
     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "TabGuitarVoiceOne"  {
       \LyricsVerseOne

patrick
Thanks for any help with these three questions,
Gerard