Re: Spacing Priority

From: James Worlton
Subject: Re: Spacing Priority
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:08:18 -0600

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

Stephan Elliot Perez wrote Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:41 PM

      I am trying to change the spacing priority of either \markup obects
or pedal markings (\sustainOn and \sustainOff ) so that the latter will be
displayed closer to the staff than the former.  I have tried lowering the
priority number of \markup with

\override TextScript #'outside-staff-priority = #500

as well as raising that of the pedal markings with

\override  Staff.SostenutoPedal #'outside-staff-priority = #300

but neither works.  What am I missing?

The correct layout object for sostenuto pedal is
SostenutoPedalLineSpanner in the Staff context.  Its
default value for outside-staff-priority is 1000.

The default value for TextScript is 450, so this will
either have to be increased to >1000 or that for
SostenutoPedalLineSpanner decreased to <450 to achieve
the placing you want.  Which you choose depends on
what placing you want relative to other objects.

Trevor

SostenutoPedal and SustainPedal are two different objects. If you want to change the outside staff priority of the sustain pedal, setting the Staff.SostenutoPedal outside staff priority won't help.

James Worlton