Re: How to create a coda with a gap?

From: Dominic Neumann
Subject: Re: How to create a coda with a gap?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:39:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi Gilles, hi Vincente and all,

thank you both for your answers. They helped me very much.
The only problem that I still have is that the first volta bracket has no end.

I played around with this as you, Gilles, said that using a "|." bar the
bracket has an end line.
So I wrote this:

\override Staff.BarLine #'transparent = ##t
\bar "|."
s4
\override Staff.BarLine #'transparent = ##f
\bar "||"

This helps! But now there is too much space between the volta end line and the
"||" bar line. I tried changing the duration of the s4 but it didn´t change
anything.
Then I moved the bar line, the key signature and the segno sign to the left.
But there are still the staff lines going far too right.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Yours
Dominic