Re: TabStaff feature requests

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: TabStaff feature requests
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 22:34:41 +0100

2010/11/25 Steve Yegge <address@hidden>
I bit the bullet and went through all 100-odd guitar music publications I've
collected over the years, from publishers around the world on every continent,
across multiple genres (although admittedly mostly classical and South
American).  The set includes many volumes whose purpose is purely
didactic.   And yet I was only able to find three books that use this notation.

So I suspect that "standard" isn't exactly the right word to use here. :-)
It's probably better to say that it's the "correct" way of guitar notation -- one
that is satisfying from a theoretician's standpoint, but rarely used in practice.

I have two guitar publications using this notation (treble clef with explicit 8 at the bottom).

Frankly, the absence of this mark in many of the scores annoys me very much. Nobody gets hurt by this tiny 8, and its presence clarifies things. In my opinion we should support it, there's no point in sticking to a wrong habit :)

cheers,
Janek