Re: new autobeam settings not working for me

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: new autobeam settings not working for me
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 02:21:41 +0100

On 5 December 2010 02:13, Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok so now I've been able to make the beaming change if I am in 8/8 or
> 6/8 but not in 4/4 time, where it stays resolutely in groups of 4 + 4
> 8th notes. How do I alter the beaming of a 4/4 bar?

Hi,

I suppose it is due to  beamExceptions  that is set for 8th in 4/4
(see ‘scm/time-signature-settings.scm’).

This works:

\relative c' {
 \time 4/4
 \set Timing.baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
 \set Timing.beatStructure = #'(3 3 2)
 \set Timing.beamExceptions = #'()
 c8 c c c c c c c
}

But this behaviour is strange (non expected from a user point of view)
and should be changed or at least documented.

Carl, thoughts?

Cheers,
Xavier

--