Re: Fermata over repeat

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Fermata over repeat
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 19:08:53 +0100

On 7 December 2010 18:36, Dave <address@hidden> wrote:

> GNU LilyPond 2.12.3
>
> g\> g, d \repeat volta 2 { d'\p ( | %46
>  | %47
>  | %48
>  | %49
>  | %50
>  | %51
> bes'-. bes'4 } des16\pp \( ees | %52
>
> Here's my snippet of music (much delete because the code works fine).  I
> would like to put a fermata over the repeat.  The repeat bar in this case
> will appear in the middle of measure.  I understand how to get it at the
> end of a measure but not over a bar in the that occurs in the measure.

Hi,

Like for "normal" barline,
  \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }
works well and align on the repeat bar even if it occurs in the middle
of a measure.
Simply put this at the end of your  \repeat volta  (either before or
after the closing brace, it's the same).

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>