RE: Odd output

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Odd output
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 01:46:24 -0500

Hello

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden on behalf of Marco Correia
Sent: Fri 12/10/2010 0:35
To: address@hidden
Subject: Odd output

Hi,

I just started using lilypond, so it is very possible that I'm making some
mistake.

When compiling this example:

\include "english.ly"
{
\clef treble
\time 4/4
<<
 { fs'4 }
 \\
 { f'4 }

}

I see two notes on fs (occupying the same position but with stems up and
down). There is no indication that f is there.

Is this supposed to/ how do I fix it?

--

I believe this is the known issue documented

Someone maybe able to give some better solutions but for instance you can

--

\include "english.ly"
{

There is also a snippet in the documentation

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/snippets/simultaneous-notes#displaying-complex-chords

that might help.

and see

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#collision-resolution

also see the 'known issue' at the bottom of this page - believe this applies
here even though 'chords' are mentioned.

James

PS To anyone else who knows, if this known issue does apply in this case, then
it might be a good idea to not use the word 'chord' as that can mean different
things to different types of musicians - if you see what I mean. We could
therefore edit the documentation?