Re: fretboard diagram : removing the fret number on the side

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: fretboard diagram : removing the fret number on the side
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:30:05 -0700

On 12/20/10 8:57 PM, "Marc Mouries" <address@hidden> wrote:

>  The fret diagram prints a fret number indication on the right that is
> confusing from a Violinist perspective.
>  Is there any option for the fret diagram not to print it?

Unfortunately, right now there is no way to change it.

>  For instance, in the 2nd D chord i'd like to get rid of the "iv" or print "i"
> because on the Violin it is more helpful to think in terms of position than
> fret as there is none.

So do you want fret indications in your violin "fret" diagrams?

And how is the position calculated?

It seems possible that we could put an option in to label the position
instead of the fret.  But at this point I don't know how to calculate the
position.

Thanks,

Carl