Re: Can't use NoteNames twice in score block ??

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Can't use NoteNames twice in score block ??
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:46:31 -0700

On 12/22/10 8:08 AM, "Michael Ellis" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Putting this together with your workaround produces the code and output shown
> below.  This works quite well.  So the issue I'm wrestling with now is whether
> it's feasible to automate the editing of 400+ files to separate the clef and
> instrument names from the notation, detect the original key, and rewrite the
> score block to produce the desired results.
>
> Thanks again for your help and any suggestions for how proceed with the
> automation are more than welcome.

You might try using music-filter to help you.  Since you already have blocks
by voice, you could filter the full block to keep only EventChords (every
note, whether or not it's in a chord, is in an EventChord) and used the
filtered music for your NoteNames context.

Note that I haven't tried this, and won't have time to try it today.

You can see an example of how Valentin has done this here:

http://repo.or.cz/w/opus_libre.git/blob/HEAD:/lib/libdynamic.scm#l58

HTH,

Carl