Re: Can't use NoteNames twice in score block ??

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: Can't use NoteNames twice in score block ??
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:05:01 -0500

Hi Phil! Thanks for the encouragement. I'll try to respond to all your questions later,  but for now here's the python script I used to invoke MuseScore (command line name is "mscore") on the files I downloaded from Margaret Greentree's site. I'm running on a Mac with OS 10.6 so this should work on Linux, too and possibly on Windows with appropriate changes to accommodate the differences in path specs.

> cat xml2ly.py
#!/usr/bin/env python
"""
Script that invokes mscore to convert MusicXml files in current directory
to Lilypond files.
"""
import os, sys
from subprocess import Popen
import glob
xmlfiles = glob.glob("*.xml")

## Replace with path to mscore on your system
mscore = "/Applications/MuseScore.app/Contents/MacOS/mscore"

for x in xmlfiles:
    print "Converting %s ..."%x
    ly = os.path.splitext(x)[0] + ".ly"
    cmd = "%(mscore)s %(x)s -o %(ly)s"%locals()
    print cmd
    p = Popen(cmd,shell=True)
    p.wait()
    print "Done"

Cheers,
Mike

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Phil Hézaine <address@hidden> wrote:
Le 22/12/2010 16:08, Michael Ellis a écrit :
> Carl, thanks for taking the time to figure it out!  I really appreciate the
> help. It's good to know there's a workaround.
>
> I'm undertaking a project to produce files containing all the Bach Chorales
> with solfege syllables (movable Do, La-based minor) under each part.  I'm
> starting with the MusicXML files created by Margaret Greentree at
> www.jsbchorales.net.  It turns out that MusesScore can be run in batch modes
> to produce LilyPond files.  I was able to convert all 400 of them in about
> 10 minutes of run time.

Hi,

Welcome to the club! Thanks to Frescobaldi which saves me a lot of time,
I'm currently typesetting a bunch of Bach Chorales
from a Breitkopf & Härtel's edition. At this time I use the BWV
references of jsbchorales.net. but not the sources which are different
from mine.
It seems there are a lot of corrections but I don't know if it's allowed
to use them with the aim of a copyleft *publishing*. (Probably under a
Free Art license). More exactly whose sources are coming from? Are they
all authentified? No copyright editor behind the hood?  Has anyone more
informations?
My idea is to publish in a book different versions of a chorale one
after the other. I join 2 examples. And later, I'd like to upload the
voices as dictations in GNU Solfege.
I'm very curious of your batch modes. More about this? May be it could
be useful for a diff beetween my old reference and this new rather than
checking PDFs.

Regards.
Phil.