Re: Can't use NoteNames twice in score block ??

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: Can't use NoteNames twice in score block ??
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 10:57:51 -0500

Hi Jakob,

I'm not having much luck reducing it down to a minimal example.   I have family visiting for the next few days, so I'll try to pick it back up after Christmas.

Cheers and happy holidays to all!,
Mike

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 4:28 PM, jakob lund <address@hidden> wrote:
2010/12/23 Michael Ellis <address@hidden>:
> Thanks, Jakob! I didn't understand that a music-filter acts recursively on
> containers and their contents.  I had some vague notion that it simply
> passed or rejected elements at the top  level of a list.  Your example is
> what I needed.  For my purposes I needed to add RestEvent and
> TransposedMusic to the list of types but that was a logical extension once I
> saw the pattern.
> #(define (filterEvent event)
>         (let ((name (ly:music-property event 'name)))
>              (or
>                (eq? name 'EventChord)
>                (eq? name 'NoteEvent)
>                (eq? name 'RestEvent)
>                (eq? name 'RelativeOctaveMusic)
>                (eq? name 'TransposedMusic)
>                (eq? name 'SequentialMusic))))
> With this, I can now create multiple staff scores with solfege symbols under
> each staff.  The only problem remaining is that the page layout is
> apparently not taking into account the extra vertical space needed for the
> solfege text, so I get incomplete systems at the bottom of the page. The
> layout has no problems if I remove the NoteNames contexts that generate the
> solfege.

that sounds strange -- from what you write, it sounds like a problem
with the NoteNames context rather than with what you feed into it...
Can you give a simple example where that happens? Have you tried if
something simple like
 \context NoteNames { \repeat unfold 40 c'4 }
can provoke the same problem?