Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 1.2.0

From: Andrew Hawryluk
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 1.2.0
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:00:35 -0700

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Wilbert Berendsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> There will also be a custom PDF preview with two-way point and click
> integration: moving the text cursor highlights objects in the PDF and objects
> in the PDF can directly be manipulated because the built-in parser knows that
> type of object they represent. The parser is already quite good and also
> provides the highlighting. Plan is also to integrate MIDI input so that rumor
> is not needed anymore. But this needs a MIDI backend and that is not yet done.

Have you found a Python MIDI module that you would use to replace
rumor? I'm curious how much work it would be to create a simple MIDI
chord-entry functionality (in which a MIDI chord appears directly in
the text area and no rhythms are parsed), because I helped write
something similar for LilyPondTool. At least for me, writing it in
Python would be way more fun than Java!

Andrew