Re: no view because of mistakes?

From: Ludo Beckers
Subject: Re: no view because of mistakes?
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 15:16:59 +0100

Thanks Janek,
On the Denemo list it was explained how I should do it in Denemo.
I'm glad it's sorted :-)
Ludo climbing-up-the-learning-curve

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Jan WarchoĊ‚ <address@hidden> wrote:
2010/12/31 Ludo Beckers <address@hidden>:
> Thanks Xavier, in a 2nd post I explained I made a mistake thinking (doh) I
> was sending my question to the Denemo list.
> So I have a .denemo file only, no .ly
> I'm pretty new to this, so I know I can see the Lilypond compilation view,
> but don't know yet how to extract it as a .ly file.
> Trying to change things in the Lilypond view doesn't (seem to) work.
>
> That's good to know; it might be wise to first get to know .ly files in that
> fashion before trying to do all in Denemo or Frescobaldi.

I recommend doing so. Read the Learning Manual, try to make a simple
score with a regular text editor and afterwards decide if you want to
use Denemo or something else.

> Usually a GUI is easier than compiling yourself, but in this case it's
> different - I'll have to learn the inner working better first.
> I'm not a hero yet though with vim (also just starting with that).
>
> Here are 2 snippets from the Lilypond view - maybe it's very obvious where
> the mistake is?

Trying to compile it without Denemo is hard, because there are some
Denemo artifacts (for example \Barline command doesn't come from
default LilyPond specification and therefore LilyPond alone doesn't
understand it)
But i can see that the triplets are done wrongly for sure. For example line 4

dis' fis' b4 ~ b \times 2/3 { b8 c' cis'\Barline

should read

dis' fis' b4 ~ b \times 2/3 { b8 c' cis' } \Barline

HTH,
Janek