Re: More space between notes

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: More space between notes
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 17:45:47 +0100

On 2 January 2011 17:03, Lutz Gehlen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I am not only new to this list, but also to lilypond. I fear that my
> question might have been asked many times before, but I didn't find
> the answer on the net or in the list archives, so I hope someone
> will be willing to help me.
>
> I would like to globally increase the space between notes. Here is
> my lilypond code which is translated into
> o_du_froehliche_minimal.pdf (attached).
>
> [...]
>
> I would like to change the space between the notes such that the
> result rather looks like in o_du_froehliche_stretched.pdf (also
> attached). I have found the hint on the net to insert some code into
> the layout section such that the score section looks like
>
> [...]
>
> However, this does not seem to change anything even if I
> dramatically increase the value. I would be very grateful for a
> hint.

Hi,

You could define your own line breaks (namely after 5 measures).
See Notation Reference manual, section 4.3.1 Line breaking
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/line-breaking.html

You could also change the horizontal spacing using
 base-shortest-duration
NR 4.5.3 Changing horizontal spacing
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/changing-horizontal-spacing.html

I think the second is the best suited in your case.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>