Re: center text vertically between staves - indicating keyboard changes

From: Peter Van Kranenburg
Subject: Re: center text vertically between staves - indicating keyboard changes in organ music
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 00:25:40 +0100

On 1/4/11 10:01 PM, Carl Sorensen wrote:

On 1/4/11 6:56 AM, "Peter Van Kranenburg"
<address@hidden>  wrote:

Hello,

How can I center text vercially between the staves of a PianoStaff?

The two way's I can find in the learning manual (using lyrics and
defining a Dynamics context, section A.2) seem a bit overdone for just a
few marks. Is there another - more local - way?

As far as I know, no.

The only way I know of to get centered between two staves is to have a
loose-line context between the staves, with an alignment of CENTER.

In general, the text markup is associated with notes, and notes belong to
staves.  So the markup goes with a particular staff.

I'm sorry that this is not as satisfying as you would wish it, but I believe
it is accurate.

Ok. I understand. Good to know.

Thanks,

Peter