Re: overrideBeamSettings

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: overrideBeamSettings
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:16:21 +0100

On 16 January 2011 09:52, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, Xavier. I agree staff changes are annoying, but this should
> help the harp player to choose the right hand for the notes and so it is
> sensible. Since I have a lot of these stuff, Is there a way for a scheme
> function like this:
>
> WriteInUpperStaff(#1) = { \cso #1 \csu }
>
> How should I implement this?

Have you seen David's reply?
Or do you want another Scheme function (in order to do what exactly, I
did not get it)?

> I have found one measure that is a bit strange, see attached graphic.
> The C note should be played in a octave to improve the sound. How to notate
> this cross-staffed?

I used a mix of "Changing staff manually" and "Cross-staff stems", see
NR 2.2.1 Common notation for keyboards
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-keyboards.html

\score {
  <<
    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff = "2O" {
        s2
      }
      \new Staff = "2U" {
        \relative c' {
          d8 g
          \change Staff = "2O"
          d'
          <<
            {
              \change Staff = "2U" c,
            }
            \new Voice {
              \stemDown
              % stems may overlap the other staff
              \override Stem #'cross-staff = ##t
              % extend the stems to reach the other staff
              \override Stem #'length = #11
              % do not print extra flags
              \override Stem #'flag-style = #'no-flag
              \once \override NoteColumn #'X-offset = #1
              c'

Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>