Re: overrideBeamSettings

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: overrideBeamSettings
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:52:47 +0100

Am 16.01.2011 10:16, schrieb Xavier Scheuer:
On 16 January 2011 09:52, Helge Kruse<address@hidden>  wrote:

Thanks a lot, Xavier. I agree staff changes are annoying, but this should
help the harp player to choose the right hand for the notes and so it is
sensible. Since I have a lot of these stuff, Is there a way for a scheme
function like this:

WriteInUpperStaff(#1) = { \cso #1 \csu }

How should I implement this?

Have you seen David's reply?
Or do you want another Scheme function (in order to do what exactly, I
did not get it)?

You're right. I missed David's mail. It fits perfectly.

Thanks for the example with the octavated C notes. Your link show a similar example. Well, I played a bit with the overrides and could see how some of them work. For this
   \override Stem #'cross-staff = ##t
I could not see any difference if the value is ##f or ##t. Even removing the line doesn't change the output. What should it do?

Helge