Re: how to add punctuation mark (or other things) at the end of lyricext

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: how to add punctuation mark (or other things) at the end of lyricextender?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 15:43:10 +0100

2011/1/18 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł"
> <address@hidden>

Thanks, Phil, but I already knew that the recommended practice is to
put punctuation before extender. Unfortunately i fail to see why it
should be done this way - do the books that you quote provide any
explanation?

Besides, there is another situation in which it would be useful to
attach something to the end of the extender line: to remind singer how
he/she should end a very long melisma. Consider a coloratura that
spans several measures and even crosses a page break. It would be nice
to write the syllabe again under the last note (in parentheses of
course) to aid the performer.

cheers,
Jan