Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:39:13 +0000 (UTC)

Mike Solomon <mikesol <at> ufl.edu> writes:

> I'll chime in and say that, although there is a workaround,
>the fact that there is not good out-of-the-box
> spacing may effect a lot of real world examples of choral music
>that is being engraved using lilypond.
>
> It may be worth it to add this to the issue tracker and get this
>fixed in one of the first 2.14 bug fixes (if not
> 2.14 itself) - thoughts?

Agreement.
There are issues 1161, 1208, and 1309 about Lyrics spacing, but none really
sets a clear goal of how the spacing for lyrics /should/ be setup as default.

I started a lyrics template and shortcuts, but do not use lyrics myself, so I
am wandering a bit aimlessly when I work on it.

Issue 1442 describes relatively minor bugs that I ran into, in the sense of
clearly unintended behavior of the spacing engine.