Re: highlighting notes in pdf, synchronized pdf and midi playback

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: highlighting notes in pdf, synchronized pdf and midi playback
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:23:07 +0100

2011/1/20 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:
> Il giorno mar, 18/01/2011 alle 23.47 +0100, Janek Warchoł ha scritto:
>> > But I wonder if it could be the first step to get the synchronized
>> > highlighting on the PDF.  I was thinking about asking this feature
>> > request on Frescobaldi mailing list (maybe I'll do it later).
>>
>> That would be great!
>> I don't feel like doing this myself since i'm not using
>> Frescobaldi....
>
> I've asked and it seems that it may be implemented in version 2.0:
> http://groups.google.com/group/frescobaldi/browse_thread/thread/5f4bcc6b7f4feb88

Thanks!

> BTW, in the meanwhile you may open the .midi file with Rosegarden while
> editing the .ly file.
>
> See attached image: the blue bar moves along with midi time. You can
> place the score in one long line or vertically.
>
> Unfortunately, Rosegarden runs on Linux only.

I know, and because of that Rosegarden is of no use for me (or,
speaking precisely, for my choir - it is them who want a moving line
that follows music, and they won't install Linux just to get that).
:(

> Maybe Denemo, which is cross-platform, has a similar feature.

Perhaps it has. Unfortunately i had some issues with it when i tried
it. And above all it can only read .ly files made by itself, so i
cannot use my code structure :(

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your help!
cheers,
Janek

PS my friend is helping me to compile that qt-pdfviewer (i'm doing
this on a virtualized Ubuntu). If we succeed, i'll let you know.