Re: error in predefined chord diagram?

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: error in predefined chord diagram?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:07:34 +0100

The score is correct, the diagrams are wrong, of all diminished chords I think. C diminished and D diminished are wrong too, the diagrams at least.

http://www.bartart3d.be/

2011/1/29 Michael Ellis <address@hidden>
On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 2:57 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Uh, why wouldn't it be in C# diminuished?  It's a minor third below C#,
> or three minor thirds above it.
>
>> Or am I so very mistaken?
>>
>> What should I do to fix this in my code?
>
> What's to fix?

Just looked at the doc.  Bart's right.  The staff shows C# E G.
Either the diagram or the staff notation should be changed.  FWIW,
this is one of those cases where jazz chord naming is often sloppy.
Most classical theory books use the degree symbol alone to indicate a
diminished triad and add the numeral seven when a fully-diminished 7th
is to be indicated.