Re: error in predefined chord diagram?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: error in predefined chord diagram?
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 07:16:52 -0700

On 2/8/11 5:11 AM, "jakob lund" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2011/2/6 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
>> I've put together a proposed set of dim and dim7 fretboards.
>>
>> You can download it at
>>
>> <https://sites.google.com/site/cdslilypond/docs/display-dim-fretboards.pdf?a
>> ttredirects=0&d=1>
>
> There's an error in there, the G dim doesn't have a G in it (it should
> be the same as Gb dim shifted up a fret)

As I look at it, the G dim *is* the Gb dim shifted up a fret.  Gb dim on the
fifth fret, G dim on the sixth fret, and the notes of the G dim are Bb (4th
string), Db (3rd string), G (2nd string), and Bb (1st string).

The G dim7 isn't the Gb dim7 shifted up a fret, so maybe that's what you're
wondering about.  The notes on the Gb dim 7 are G Db Fb G, so it appears to
be missing a Bb, not a G.  So I think it's an error, and I'll fix it.

Thanks,

Carl